- 2 Scoops Vanilla Ka'Chava
- 1 2/3 cups whole wheat pastry flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 Tsp sea salt
- 1 Cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 Cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla
- 1/4 Cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 flax egg (1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 Tablespoons water)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare 1 regular sized loaf pan with parchment paper so that two sides of paper overhang two opposite sides of the pan like "handles."
2. Whisk together ground flaxseed with water in a small bowl with a fork and let it sit for a few minutes until an gel like consistency forms.
3. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (Kachava, four, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon pumpkin pie spice and salt). Combine the wet ingredients (pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla, oil, apple sauce and flax egg) in a medium-sized mixing bowl and blend well. Add the liquid mixture to the dry and stir well.
4. Pour batter into the loaf pan and top with your pumpkin seeds, nuts or chocolates as desired.
5. Place on the center rack of oven. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Let cool in pan for 1 hour. Gently remove the loaf from the pan using the parchment paper handles, and enjoy!