This snack mix recipe, created by Ashley Shapiro, has it all! It's made with Thin Mints Girl Scout cookies, Chex, and includes a kick of protein (and superfoods) thanks to a half cup of vanilla Ka'Chava.
"My two favorites, muddy buddies and Thin Mints, just got married and a star was born." - Ashley
Here's what you'll need
- Vanilla Ka'Chava - 1/2 cup (grab your bag)
- Rice Chex* - 1 box
- Almond butter (or peanut butter) - 1/2 Cup
- Dark chocolate chips - 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil - 1 TBSP
- Coconut sugar - 1 TBSP
- Thin Mints cookies**
- Pour 1 box of Rice Chex into a large bowl.
- Melt the almond butter, dark chocolate chips, and coconut oil together (in the microwave if you prefer)
- Stir melted ingredients until mixed well.
- Pour melted ingredients over the Rice Chex and gently shake until it’s all covered evenly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the Ka'Chava powder and coconut sugar, then shake/mix.
Lastly, sprinkle the Ka'Chava sugar mixture over the Rice Chex and shake/stir until it's all coated well, then add in as many chopped Thin Mints as you like!
When Ashley isn't creating plant-based recipes, she's helping others through occupational therapy and yoga. You can find more of her creations, here.
* Rice Chex is vegan and gluten-free
** Thin Mints Girl Scout Cookies are vegan, but they are not gluten-free. If you'd like to make this recipe gluten-free, simply substitute the Thin Mints Girl Scout cookies, for another gluten-free chocolate-mint cookie brand.